Salary: $94,429.00 - $135,741.00 Annually
This position is responsible for directing the activities of the Water and Sewer Operations Divisions of the Water Resources Department.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.
- Coordinates, assigns and reviews work and establishes work schedules; maintains standards; monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed work assignments; answers questions; gives advice and direction as needed.
- Plans and schedules infrastructure improvements to ensure that the water, sewer, and stormwater, systems meet current needs.
- Coordinates capital plans and projects with Water & Sewer Planning and Engineering for system expansion to ensure that the water and sewer systems can meet future needs.
- Develops work programs and operating procedures to ensure that the stormwater, water supply and wastewater treatment facilities are in compliance with existing and future Federal and State mandates.
- Develops water and sewer agreements with developers; makes recommendations to Water Resource Department Director, City Manager and Council regarding Water and Sewer agreements and surcharges.
- Reviews budget submissions of the Water Resources department; develops and/or approves internal auditing procedures for inventory and purchasing procedures; ensures that all procurement procedures are in compliance with City policy.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints.
- Analyzes effectiveness of the departments' programs to increase productivity, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
- Coordinates System Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) operations for water and sewer operations.
- Coordinates Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and Asset Management Systems (AMS) for water and sewer operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Health, Public Administration or Civil Engineering; with six (6) years of experience in management of a water or wastewater facility; or an equivalent combination of education, training experience. Must possess Class I Water/Wastewater Treatment License or obtain license within two (2) years of employment.
Must possess a valid driver's license.
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; and verification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.