Salary Range: $64.77 to $79.49 Hourly
The Utilities System Operator will provide centralized function control for the City's electric, water, gas, and fiber operations. Using the SCADA system (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems) the successful candidate will help detect irregular conditions and act based on their knowledge of electric voltage regulation and load allocation. Additionally, the incumbent will address public inquires and dispatches field personnel for emergency and routine service calls.
- Strong background in distribution operations of 4Kv, 12Kv & 60Kv voltages.
- Critical thinker.
- Ability to process large quantity of information and develop a strong plan for power restoration.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Utility System Operator :
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities which would typically be acquired through:
- Graduation from high school. Successful completion of a System Dispatch Training Program is desirable.
- Three years of journey level experience with an electric utility: As a System Operator, or performing substation maintenance, or performing overhead line construction and maintenance and underground residential distribution (URD), or five years experience with an electric utility requiring knowledge of electrical transmission and distribution systems, equipment and operation.
- Completion of a recognized, related apprenticeship and attainment of journey person status.
- Distribution operator experienced preferred with ability to perform hand written switch logs/programs
Utility System Operator in Training:
- Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities which would typically be acquired through:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass a written competency test to be considered for this position.
Deadline, Sept 16, 2019