Salary: $47,762.00 Annually
As our new Water & Sewer Supervisor, with the outstanding Water Reclamation Team, your leadership skills will champion and lead a team responsible for the operations of the wastewater treatment plant processes and equipment, ensuring the operations of our beautiful city keep flowing!
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.
- Coordinates, assigns and reviews work and establishes work schedules; maintains standards; monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed work assignments; answers questions; gives advice and direction as needed.
- Supervises wastewater treatment plant process and equipment operations per established procedures to ensure treatment of wastewater in accordance with regulations.
- Monitors plant effluent quality to ensure that plant operates within established laws and standards.
- Reviews documentation maintained by staff members; records instrument readings and test results; maintains logs and records of test results, meter applications, and other data.
- Communicates with employees, city departments, contractors, vendors, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work and activities, review status of work, exchange information, resolve problems and give or receive advice/direction.
- Dispatches Water Reclamation calls after hours.
- Maintains awareness of new trends/advances in the profession; attends workshops, training sessions and conferences to further education in the Wastewater Treatment field.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent; with two (2) years of work experience in the treatment of surface, ground water or the operations of water/wastewater treatment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Some supervisory experience preferred.
Must possess a Georgia Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Class 1 License.
Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license with an acceptable driving history.
Work Location: 1400 E. President St. Work Hours: varies
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; and verification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal safe drinking water regulations.
- Knowledge of water treatment chemistry and microbiology.
- Knowledge of construction practices and contractual obligations.
- Knowledge of emergency response plans and protocols.
- Knowledge of city budgeting and purchasing procedures.
- Knowledge of city personnel policies.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and other modern office equipment.
- Skill in developing short- and long-range plans.
- Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
- Skill in the training and supervision of personnel.
- Skill in the operation of computers and other modern office equipment.
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.