WESA is seeking an engaging and forward thinking leader who will be responsible for coordinating the activities and operations of the Wastewater Division within the Operations Department including collection system pipelines, lift stations, and wastewater reclamation treatment facilities. The selected candidate must have a complete understanding of wastewater reclamation facility operation, permit compliance and sludge de-watering and handling. The Wastewater Operations Manager will communicate clearly and effectively to subordinate staff, peers, executive management, and elected officials, as well as create a professional and cooperative work culture in the Wastewater Division.
Learn More/Apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/evmwd/jobs/2805051/wastewater-operations-manager?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Salary: $126,984 to $166,566 Annually
The Ideal Candidate
- Is an effective communicator, with the ability to interact professionally with a wide range of audiences.
- Is efficient and organized, with the ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions and answer both customer and staff inquiries, all while maintaining a pleasant, professional demeanor.
- Will be proactive and solution-oriented in addressing challenges and opportunities.
- Will act with integrity and in accordance with the accepted ethical standards and values of the District.
- Will demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, and a professional attitude when addressing District challenges.
- Will set strategic goals for staff, while organizing workflow and monitor productivity of the department while providing constructive feedback to ensure all areas of District goals are met in a timely manner.
- Has a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in wastewater operations and water distribution, business administration, public administration or a related field.
- Has seven years of increasingly responsible experience in the operation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of wastewater collection, pumping systems, wastewater treatment and wastewater reclamation including four years of administrative and supervisory responsibility.
- Possesses a valid Grade IV Wastewater Treatment Operator certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board.
- Possesses a valid Grade V Wastewater Treatment Operator certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board within 18 months of hire.
- Possesses a valid Grade II Collection Systems certificate issued by the CWEA.
- Possesses a valid Grade III Collection Systems certificate issued by the CWEA within 18 months of hire.
- Possesses an appropriate valid California driver’s license.