This position is responsible for meeting with customers to review project requests to determine scope, requirements, build the data model, perform ETL tasks and develop reports and dashboards using Power BI and similar tools.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of benefits including medical, paid leave time, a great retirement plan, training opportunities and more! Click HERE
for more information.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Information Science or in a field related to the job, plus five (5) years related experience, two (2) years of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Masters degree may substitute for experience up to two (2) years.
- Education or experience may substitute up to four (4) years.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Experience in Power BI or IBM Cognos 11 + administration or a similar business intelligence solutions.
- Experience using MS SQL Server 2014 +, data development skills with SQL and performing ETL (Extract Transform and Load) tasks on-premises and in the Cloud.
- Experience in development and design of reports and dashboards for supporting business analysis and maintaining and designing data marts and data cubes.
- Experience with MS SSRS and SSDT (SSIS) for data source integration or a similar integration tool.
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders to understand their data and reporting needs, present them with various options and guide them to analytic solutions that best meets their needs.
- Experience providing leadership & expertise in establishing analytic environments required for structured and unstructured data, driving the collection, cleansing, processing, and analysis of new and existing data sources, including the oversight for defining and reporting data quality and consistency metrics.
- Experience developing, updating, and maintaining the conceptual, logical and physical data models capable of supporting existing and future reporting needs.
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation including data dictionaries, source-to target maps, and database policies and guidelines.
- Experience working in a utility, government, or similarly regulated industry.
$38.78 – $50.42
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Mon-Fri, limited flexibility, other hours as business needs require.
Waller Creek Center, 625 E. 10th St., Austin , TX
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.