JOB FUNCTION/ PURPOSE
The Lead Operator is responsible for the operation and maintenance of equipment at small to medium sized water/wastewater facilities.
Class 4 Wastewater license required.
- Operates a variety of equipment/machinery including: valves, pumps, motors, belt presses, disinfection equipment, vehicles, etc.
- Conducts routine testing, monitoring and maintenance of production wells, water/wastewater facilities.
- Performs and documents treatment process and maintenance of treatment facility equipment to assure proper operations and documents. Documents plant performance including daily flow and chemical usage.
- Responds to call outs and after-hours emergencies to repair treatment equipment, pumps, motors, sensing devices, instrumentation and electrical support.
- Provides customer service functions when necessary.
- Ensures facilities are secure. Cleans and maintains treatment plant grounds when necessary.
- May communicate with client and customers related to routine technical aspects of operations.
- May coordinate maintenance activities at the treatment facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willing to work all shifts, including: weekends, holidays, evening and 24-hour emergency on call.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED and 2 years water/wastewater experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver’s License (CDL preferred). Water/Wastewater Operator’s License specific to state and site-specific requirements. Other licenses may vary according to specific site and assignments.
Technical: Ability to follow manual & operating instructions. Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office applications & internet. Basic knowledge of water/wastewater operations. Working knowledge of electrical components.
Communication: Communicates clearly & professionally. Contributes to a positive internal & external customer experience. Maintains composure in challenging situations. Collaborates with others. Asks for constructive feedback.
Problem Solving & Quality: Pays attention to detail. Identifies & solves problems. Escalates issues accordingly. Checks work for quality. Shares suggestions to improve quality & productivity.
Managing for Results: Works independently with minimal supervision. Takes projects to completion. Follows all company policies & SOPs. Manages multiple tasks. Demonstrates flexibility in workflow & scheduling.
Leadership & Initiative: Demonstrates a positive attitude. Acts in accordance with company vision, mission & values. Takes accountability for own performance. Willing to take on additional assignments. Seeks out opportunities for development.
Must be able to: frequently lift 50-60 pounds; load, unload & move large equipment/tools; access confined spaces; continuously walk and climb stairs and ladders.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.