- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of wastewater plant operations or related work experience
- Experience with working with regulatory agencies (e.g. municipalities)
- Must be able to provide proof of certification(s), as designated by facility and/or state requirements and permits
- Basic understanding of the aerobic digestion process
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing
- Complete and maintain HAZWOPER certification with the 40-hour HAZWOPER environmental health and safety class, and annual 8-hour refresher classes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (e.g. Excel), Google and/or PC programs
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid organization and time/project management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently manage multiple responsibilities (i.e. self-starter, self-motivated)
- English language competency
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Grade 3 and/or 4 wastewater operator certifications
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of 3+ staff members
Schedule and Essential Physical Functions
The schedule and essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, this position may require the individual to work rotating shift assignments, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed. Standby and on-call duty is required, and the individual must be able to respond to the facility within one hour. Some shifts will require working alone.
- Must be able to lift and move 50-60 lbs. manually without restriction.
Montrose Environmental Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
As permitted by applicable law, employment with Montrose is at-will.