Alderwood Water & Wastewater District
Snohomish County, WA
Annual salary range: $175,000 to $240,000
Application deadline: Open until filled.
First review of resumes: Monday, June 15, 2020.
The General Manager reports to a five-member Board of Commissioners and serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the District. The position directs and manages the administrative, financial, engineering & development, and maintenance & operations functions of the District. Essential functions and skillsets include:
- Provides leadership and management including planning, goal setting, and evaluating District effectiveness in cooperation with the District Board of Commissioners
- Provides full charge and control over construction, maintenance and operation of the water and wastewater system; ensures the training needs and requirements are met
- Prepares, recommends for Board approval, and administers the District’s annual budget including salaries, maintenance, and capital projects
- Maintains full power and authority to employ, discipline, and discharge employees per established District policies and contractual agreements
- Directly supervises District’s Department Heads in the areas of Engineering and Development, Finance, and Maintenance and Operations; directly supervises the Human Resources Manager, the Emergency Management and Public Outreach Coordinator and the Executive Assistant
- Provides legislative review and advocacy on Federal, State, or local issues affecting District operations
- Maintains a close working relationship with the Board of Commissioners and oversees the preparation of weekly Board meeting agendas and preparation material
- Represents the District in matters involving Federal, State, and local regulatory agencies and the media
- Provides public liaison to the general public, civic, regulatory or advocacy groups
- Oversees, participates in the negotiation of, recommends board approval, and administers various contracts related to District business, including intra-agency agreements and the collective bargaining agreement
- Assures compliance with Washington State Department of Health and Ecology and all related laws regarding water and wastewater systems, as well as District policies, specifications, requirements, and practices
Alderwood Water & Wastewater District serves a population of 250,000 customers across 44 square miles in southwest Snohomish County, Washington. Formed in 1931, it is the largest special-purpose water and wastewater district in the state with 147 employees and budgets of $95.49 million operating and $28 million capital.
Snohomish County communities provide an excellent quality of life with a strong local economy, variety of housing options, and excellent schools. Located on Puget Sound, the region’s varied topography ranges from saltwater beaches, rolling hills, and rich river bottom farmlands in the west to dense forest and alpine wilderness in the mountainous east.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter, list of six work-related references, and resume to: https://executivesearch.cpshr.us/JobDetail?ID=1655
For additional information, contact:
CPS HR Consulting
To view an online brochure for this position visit: executivesearch.cpshr.us
Alderwood Water & Wastewater District website: www.awwd.com
The Alderwood Water & Wastewater District is an equal opportunity employer.