The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Thorough knowledge of engineering theory, principles, practices, costs, construction techniques, trends, regulations, standards, equipment, and materials related to the area of specialization or organizational unit.
- Knowledge of engineering administration, project and program planning and management, organization principles, and management fundamentals and methods.
- Knowledge of principles and standards of leadership and employee supervision, including training, scheduling, and performance evaluation.
- Knowledge of budgeting, scheduling, cost control, safety, and administrative practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, staff, and others encountered in the course of work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to management, technical, and non-technical staff.
Applicants must also possess:
- Professional Engineering (PE) License, Oregon State Board of Engineering Examiners and Licensed Surveyors (OSBEELS).
- A valid state driver's license may be required for certain positions