Kern County Water Agency
Salary: Competitive salary, based on the candidate’s qualifications.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
First review of resumes: Monday, November 4, 2019
Kern County spans the southern end of the California Central Valley and is one of the fastest-growing areas in the United States in terms of population growth, however, it has managed to retain its sense of small-town community. The Kern County Water Agency (Agency) was created by an act of the California Legislature and ratified by the electorate of Kern County in 1961. The Agency was granted the authority to acquire and contract for water supplies for the San Joaquin Valley portion of Kern County, with additional power to control flood and storm water, drain and reclaim land, store and reclaim water, protect the quality of groundwater, and conduct investigations relative to water resources.
The General Manager reports to a seven-member Board of Directors and oversees the Agency’s 67 staff members and $365 million-dollar budget. Essential duties and skillsets include:
- Providing leadership and management in the development and implementation of Agency strategies, policies, and programs.
- Administering the annual budget and other financial functions.
- Managing personnel matters and workforce operations.
- Applying professional expertise to oversee water management and development.
- Maintaining standards and protocols in the areas of treated water quality and public health.
- Fostering positive working relationship with the Agency’s Member Units and others by employing excellent communication and consensus building skills.
- Serving as a representative and spokesperson of the Agency with the media, elected policy makers and local, State, and Federal agencies to protect and enhance the Agency’s interests.
- Overseeing capital project management to include new and upgraded infrastructure.
- Communicating with the Board of Directors on issues and the status of initiatives and projects within the Agency.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter, list of six work-related references, and resume to: https://executivesearch.cpshr.us/JobDetail?ID=563
For more information contact:
Josh Jones or Jill Engelmann
CPS HR Consulting
To view an online brochure for this position visit: www.cpshr.us/search
Kern County Water Agency website: www.kcwa.com
The Kern County Water Agency is an equal opportunity employer.