Senior Plant Operations Specialist (PO II)
Hours: 11:00 p.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Grade B23; Hiring Range: $46,103.00 – $51,874.00 + 1.50 shift differential
We have a Senior Plant Operations Specialist (Water Plant Operator 2) vacancy available on the weekend shift 11:00 p.m. – 11:00 a.m. This position is responsible for the operation & maintenance primarily located at the Brown Water Treatment plant with potential coverage and assistance at the
Williams Water Treatment Plant when needed. This position covers the AM weekend shift working from 11:00 p.m. to 11:30 a.m. in addition to 2 scheduled 8-hr days. This job is subject to recall for weather-related emergencies.
Assigned duties include work at two water supply facilities, elevated and ground storage tanks, and two pressure zones including the associated pump and storage facilities. Certified operators are required to monitor treatment process components to ensure efficient and effective operations and to work without direct supervision or solo on a shift. You must be readily available by phone with the ability to work stand-by/recall when needed.
- NC Grade C Surface Water Treatment Operators License; Grade B or higher preferred.
- Minimum 2 yrs. experience in a surface water treatment facility or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- NC Class "C" Driver's License
- Must have intermediate math & chemistry skills to accurately read meters & charts, maintain required records, & interpret readings to make necessary adjustments to treatment processes. This includes multiplication, addition, subtraction, & division of whole numbers, decimals, & fractions
Enjoy our benefits which include 401(k), 457, retirement, retirement health savings plan, flex spending accounts, life insurance, vision, dental, short/long term disability options, & generous annual/holiday leave. Apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/durhamnc
EOE Individuals selected for an offer of employment must pass the City of Durham physical examination, drug/alcohol test, and background check. A driver’s license history check is conducted for those selected for interviews. You must have the legal right to work in the U.S. The company will not sponsor any applicant to obtain documentation of that right to work.