Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
- Performs technical duties in the development, implementation, operation, analysis, and maintenance of spatial databases for the Water / Sewer Mains Division;
- Performs fieldwork to collect water and sewer mains infrastructure data;
- Designs, develops, and assembles a variety of maps for the Water / Sewer Mains Division;
- Interprets engineering plans, as-builts, plat maps, and legal descriptions for GIS database development efforts;
- Conducts GPS surveying and data post-processing for GIS database development efforts;
- Must have a thorough knowledge of uses, capabilities, and operational characteristics of geographic information systems, equipment, and specialized hardware and software including ArcView and ArcGIS.
- Must have ability to work with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, etc. Must be able to read and interpret construction plans.
- Must be able to develop and maintain good working relationships with people in all career levels.
- Computer skills should include hardware and software knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Must have knowledge of principles and techniques of geographic information systems and ability to prepare accurate maps.
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Associates Degree in geography, civil engineering, computer science, natural resources, or closely related field with emphasis on geographic information systems.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a two-year community college with major work in geography, civil engineering, computer science, natural resources, or closely related field with emphasis on geographic information systems.
- On-the-job training approximately 6 to 12 months.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have a Class “C” driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina.
- BS degree in geography, civil engineering, computer science, natural resources, or closely related field with emphasis on geographic information systems.
- Job ID: 67803990
- Workplace Type: On-Site
High Point, North Carolina, United States
- Position Title: GIS Analyst (Water and Sewer)
- Company Name For Job: City of High Point
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: Associates Degree
- Min Experience: 0-1 Year
- Required Travel: 0-10%
- Salary: $72,036.00 - $82,952.00 (Yearly Salary)