Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business or a related field, plus four (4) years of related experience, including two (2) years of experience which were in a supervisory capacity.
- One (1) additional year of related experience may substitute for one (1) year of the required education up to a maximum of four (4) years substitution.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Experience leading a fast-paced 24/7 customer service dispatch center
- Experience successfully creating a positive customer experience culture while maintaining operational and dispatch response times
- Experience working with customer service & dispatch center technology, such as customer relationship management, telephony, dispatch radio, utility billing, and scheduling & forecasting
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and activities related to the operation of the Austin Water Customer Service Center for Dispatch Services.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels and scheduling to uphold twenty-four-hour customer service center operations for Austin Water customers.
- Plans, deploys, manages, and ensures service requests, work orders, and asset management and information systems are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provides single point of contact for Austin Water customers.
- Recommends and reviews activities of the “Best-in-Class” customer service centers.
- Utilizes process improvement techniques to enhance Austin Water’s service to its customers.
- Evaluates new technology and methods for possible inclusion in Austin Water’s customer service function.
- Complies with training guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Analyzes customer survey and quality assurance data.
- Assists in the development of strategic goals and objectives with AW Operations Manager for the Customer Service Center.
$41.50 – $53.94
This is an Essential Position, requiring on-call availability and mandatory service in certain situations.
All shifts may be required to work overtime, on-call, weekends, nights, holidays, and during bad weather events.
Work hours may be subject to change at management’s discretion based on business needs.
3907 S Industrial Dr, Austin, TX 78744