IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE VISIT https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/irwd AND SUBMIT AN ONLINE JOB APPLICATION BEFORE THE CLOSING DEADLINE OF FEBRUARY 5, 2020.
Irvine Ranch Water District is recruiting for a Maintenance Mechanic who under general supervision will install, maintain/service and assist in the overhauls of all District stationary rotating equipment related to domestic and reclaimed water distribution systems, sewage collections systems, wastewater/water treatment plants and dewatering/solids handling. The incumbent performs cross-functional electrical and mechanical planned maintenance, predictive (condition based monitoring) and preventive maintenance routes in a computerized environment and participates in the department after hours standby program at the sole discretion of the District.
Salary: $23.75 - $32.73 Hourly
Summary of Duties:
- Install, dismantle, overhaul, and repair waterworks machinery and equipment, including pumps, motors, engines, compressors, gear drive units, piping, valves, and related equipment.
- Perform repairs and modifications while providing training to apprentice level personnel.
- Prepare reports, summarizing the District's mechanical maintenance/electrical functions including labor, work performed, and materials used. Provide feedback on work performed.
- Perform Electrical and Mechanical Predictive Maintenance/ Machinery Condition Monitoring routes.
- Utilize computer-based machinery analyzers as directed by senior level personnel for efficiency testing, tribology, thermography, and tri-axial vibration analysis.
- Possess knowledge and experience to properly and safely maintain District chemical, chlorination, and disinfection systems.
- Identify source(s) of existing or potential mechanical/electrical problems with systems, techniques, parts and equipment and work efficiently to correct, troubleshoot and diagnose various equipment malfunctions.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, installation manuals, and follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to make rough drawings.
- Perform basic maintenance and repair operations using welding/machining skills required in Mechanical Services functions.
- Responds to emergency situations during off-hours and required. Participates in the department after hours standby program at the sole discretion of the District.
- Troubleshoots the cause of malfunctions using visual inspection, precision measuring and test instruments.
- Performs beginning horizontal welding and machining. Adept in basic fabrication and silver soldering, and braising. Basic use of oxy-acetylene, and arc welders on ferrous and nonferrous metals; makes cuts using a band saw; and performs simple parts fabrication.
- Perform routine electrical/mechanical maintenance functions such as pump/motor, air compressor, engine and gear drive services.
- Assist in installing, dismantling, overhauling, and repair all waterworks machinery and equipment, including pumps, motors, engines, compressors, gear drive units, piping, valves, conveyors, and related equipment/appurtenances.
- Use shop cutting, grinding, bending, pressing, and drilling tools. Have basic knowledge of machine shop practices.
- Perform daily/weekly shop, tool, and vehicle maintenance/clean up.
- Submit purchase requests for materials and tools via an Oracle network system. Monitor spare parts and daily expendables inventory. Assist in ensuring inventory is maintained at an acceptable level via purchase orders. Check shipments to ensure they are complete and correct, then administrate correct storage.
- Suggest changes in work plans, and provide work-in-progress reports.
- Use Computerized Maintenance Management System, Oracle network, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Create reports based on equipment condition and maintenance records.
- Assist in presenting Department safety meetings.
- Responds to emergency situations during off-hours as required. Participates in standby duties at the sole discretion of the District.
- Participate on process teams and committees.
- Comply with District safety work-related practices and attend relevant safety training.
- Responsible for all other work related duties.
License and Certifications:
- Valid Class 'C' California Driver's License required.
- Valid Class 'A' California Driver's License highly desired.
- HAZMAT 1st Responder Certification, and/or a California Crane Operators Certificate highly desired.
- CWEA Grade I Plant Maintenance Technologist Certificate desired.
For a complete job description, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/irwd/classspecs/856062?keywords=maintenance%20mechanic&pagetype=classSpecifications
For more information regarding our benefits, please visit: https://www.irwd.com/about-us/retirement-and-benefits