WSSC, one of the nation’s largest water and resource recovery utilities in the nation, seeks a Division Manager, Utility Services Maintenance to join us in our efforts to maintain our critical water and wastewater infrastructure. You will plan, direct and manage all work activities, functions and operations of the water distribution and sewer collection systems in the northern zone of the sanitary district, based in Gaithersburg, Maryland. You will also be responsible for the overall delivery of water to our residential and commercial customers, the collection of all sanitary sewer and the installation of all meters in the north zone.
Specifically, the Division Mgr., Utility Services Maintenance performs these essential functions:
• Supervises approximately 70 employees including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and/or termination or recommending termination
• Plans, directs and coordinates the work of staff that are responsible for the maintenance and repair/replacement of the water distribution and wastewater collection systems in the northern zone of the sanitary district; takes actions to adjust work activities, staffing and operations to meet daily workload demands
• Directs after-hours emergency efforts in the maintenance and repair of the collection and distribution systems to provide 24-hour/day response and service to customers
• Responsible for coordinating and assisting in shutdowns and other construction activities associated with development projects from other departments and/or divisions
• Coordinates investigations, inquiries and complaints such as water leaks and sewer stoppages; resolves complex customer or employee complaints/problems
• Works with other WSSC Utility Services and Customer Relations staff to respond to customer inquiries related to water/sewer systems and operations
• Prepares and maintains necessary records, budgets, correspondence and reports relating to the activities of the division
• Collects, analyzes and monitors data in support of organizational benchmarks and business goals
• Oversees contract staff to assure delivery of individual projects in accordance with established WSSC goals, policies and procedures
Vacancy #19-0062. Full details.