Salary: $17.95 - $21.09 (Hourly Wage)
The City of Greeley Water & Sewer Department is seeking professionals who are committed to providing water and sewer for a growing, dynamic community. The City won the 2017 "Tasters Choice" and "Best of the Best" awards for the best tasting water in the United States at the annual AWWA conference in Philadelphia, PA. It was the first time a municipality won both categories in the history of the competition. As a part of the Bellvue Water Treatment Division, you will work with a group of committed employees, and other professionals who are dedicated to continuing and enhancing Greeley's leadership role in the Colorado water community. If you are innovative, enjoy challenges and are seeking a position with significant responsibility and opportunity for advancement, come see what Greeley has to offer.
The Plant Operator A - D is a full-time position and is located at the Bellvue Water Treatment Plant in Bellvue, Colorado. You would be responsible for assisting with various aspects at the City of Greeley Bellvue water treatment plant, under the direction of the Lead Operator.
Primary duties are monitoring raw and finished water quality; making adjustments of water treatment chemicals based on online analyzers; performing laboratory bench tests to maintain finished product quality; as well as adjusting raw and finished flows as demands dictate. Working knowledge of online process equipment desirable. Work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays.
Position is open until filled.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- 6 months experience in water treatment preferred.
- “D” Operator shall have a current class “D” Colorado Certification and must obtain Class “A” Colorado Certification within (4) years
- “C” operators shall have a current class “C” Colorado Certification and must obtain Class “A” Colorado Certification within (3) years
- "B" operators shall have a current class “B” Colorado Certification and must obtain Class "A" Colorado Certification within (2) years.
- "A" operator candidates shall have current Class "A" Colorado Certification.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of water treatment plants.
- Ability to read and interpret gauges and meters used in regulating operations of plant equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to monitor objects and data for compliance and operating standards.
- Ability to perform daily record keeping, water quality sampling, and routing laboratory analysis.
- Ability to record and maintain data; collect and analyze water samples.
- Ability to perform other functions such as janitorial and mechanical maintenance.
- Working knowledge of PC-based methods, SCADA and software in Microsoft windows environment including, Microsoft Word and Excel desired.
- Work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays, and other shifts/times.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with supervisors, co-workers, and general public.
- Communicate face to face and by telephone.
- Follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently, along with and/or in groups.
- Attend safety sessions and keep informed about safety and emergency procedures.
- Ability to properly use hand and power tools to maintain facility.
- Interpret water quality/quantity data and make appropriate adjustments.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals & gases.
- Work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Exposure to high noise levels, fumes or particles, risk of electrical shock.
- Communication skills sufficient to convey information to Supervisor, the public, or other employees.
- Ability to remain in a standing/walking position for long periods of time.
- Ability to move items weighing up to 75 pounds and make repetitive motions.
- Ability to work at heights greater than 10 feet.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate tools, vehicles, and equipment.
- Flexibility to bend, twist and reach objects at all body levels, including overhead.
- Ability to accurately input, retrieve, and verify work assignments.