Alderwood Water & Wastewater District
Snohomish County, WA
Annual salary range: $119,040 to $159,528
Application deadline: Open until filled.
First review of resumes: Monday, June 29, 2020.
The Finance Director plans, organizes, directs, and controls the functions of the finance department and serves as the District’s chief financial officer and treasurer. The position develops and implements policies, procedures and practices for the District’s financial systems, and the purchase and investment of District funds.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, reviews the work of, evaluates, creates improvement plans for, promotes and selects, as well as trains, develops, and mentors assigned staff;
- Manages the in-house preparation of the comprehensive annual financial statements;
- Develops and administers the District’s operating and capital budget and conducts water and sewer rate analysis; Manages cashflow and projections for both operating and capital cash;
- Develops and implements a comprehensive financial planning process to optimize the expenditure of District funds;
- Develops and implements a financial risk management program;
- Serves as District Treasurer and is responsible for cash management including investments, assessments and debt service payments;
- Manages utility billing and front desk reception functions and may deal directly with complex and difficult customer service issues;
- Oversees and coordinates bond sales and related annual filings;
- Establishes and implements internal controls and internal audits. Coordinates and manages the District’s annual audit with the State Auditor’s Office;
- Develops and implements a financial management information system that provides decision support capability to help ensure efficient and effective execution of operational plans; and
- Keeps the Board of Commissioners and the General Manager up to date on all aspects of District finances and makes public.
Alderwood Water & Wastewater District serves a population of 250,000 customers across 44 square miles in southwest Snohomish County, Washington. Formed in 1931, it is the largest special-purpose water and wastewater district in the state with 147 employees and budgets of $95.49 million operating and $28 million capital.
Snohomish County communities provide an excellent quality of life with a strong local economy, variety of housing options, and excellent schools. Located on Puget Sound, the region’s varied topography ranges from saltwater beaches, rolling hills, and rich river bottom farmlands in the west to dense forest and alpine wilderness in the mountainous east.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter, list of six work-related references, and resume to: https://executivesearch.cpshr.us/JobDetail?ID=648
For additional information, contact:
CPS HR Consulting
To view an online brochure for this position visit: executivesearch.cpshr.us
Alderwood Water & Wastewater District website: www.awwd.com
The Alderwood Water & Wastewater District is an equal opportunity employer.