Wastewater Reclamation Plant Operator III
SRN 32: $5479 - $7520 Monthly, Nonexempt
Location: WRP 10
Plant operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Will be required to work rotating shifts.
DEFINITION: Under general supervision, performs the most difficult operational and maintenance work at the District Wastewater Reclamation Plant, and performs repair work on facilities when required. May supervise a shift or have supervisory responsibilities for the reclamation plants in the absence of higher level operators. Performs related duties as required
1. Is responsible for the operation of the more complex treatment units and processes within the reclamation plant.
2. May be required to assign, direct and review the work of assigned shift personnel for the operation and routine maintenance of wastewater reclamation equipment.
3. Assists the shift supervisor with the planning, coordinating and scheduling the overall plant operation during assigned shifts.
4. Adjusts operating schedules, reviews laboratory test results and initiates changes to be made.
5. May perform the duties of Wastewater Reclamation Plant Supervisor, Wastewater Reclamation Plant Assistant Supervisor, or the Wastewater Reclamation Plant Shift Supervisor.
6. Interprets operating data and makes the more complex operating adjustments.
7. Computes plant flows, utilizing a calculator and accurate samplings of influent, effluent and mixed liquor.
8. May set up work schedules and supervise employees on assigned shift.
9. Ensures proper inspections of plant operations are made and provides guidance in locating and correcting operational problems.
10. Collects various water and sewage samples, performs laboratory analysis and on-site analysis.
License or Certificates:Valid California Operators license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles. Department of Motor Vehicles driving record may influence employment or classification.
Wastewater Reclamation Plant Operator III requires possession of a Wastewater Treatment Operator Grade III certification from the California State Water Resources Control Board.
Experience: Wastewater Reclamation Operator III requires a minimum of three years of experience.
Go to: http://www.cvwd.org/175/Job-Descriptions for full job description.
ONLY QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD APPLY. HUMAN RESOURCES WILL SCREEN ALL APPLICANTS TO DETERMINE QUALIFICATIONS.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE PASSED THEIR INITIAL PROBATIONARY PERIOD IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR TRANSFER OR PROMOTION.**
The Coachella Valley Water District reserves the right to change or modify the terms, conditions, and salary of this position or to withdraw this position at any time.
OPEN: 05/07/20 CLOSED: 05/22/20
**exception may be made if it is determined that the transfer would be in the best interest of the District.