San Juan Water District Seeks a Water Efficiency Techncian
The Water Efficiency Technician is part of the Customer Service team, supporting water efficiency programs and projects as it relates to water audits, processing rebates, and assisting customers with water efficiency matters.
Duties may include:
- Assisting or conducting residential and non-residential water audits, assisting with documenting the results of water audits and following up with customers on water efficiency recommendations.
- Updating database and assisting with preparation and mailing of water budget letters.
- Tracking and responding to reports of water waste and inefficiency issues; assisting customers in investigation of reported water use problems; recommending general irrigation schedules and other methods to eliminate water waste; and providing advice regarding installation of water-saving devices.
- Investigating high water use by individual customers and assisting customers with taking water efficiency measures.
- Acting as a District representative on water efficiency issues for the community; coordinating community efficiency awareness programs; and providing assistance to the public related to water efficiency questions, issues and product inquiries.
- Participating in regional water efficiency efforts and planning.
- Maintaining library of water efficiency material and products and distributing water-saving devices, educational brochures and other materials to new and existing customers.
- Tracking and responding to reports of water waste and inefficiency.
- Providing back up for Customer Service positions as needed.
To be considered, candidates should be knowledgeable of customer service, possess computer skills including use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and have an ability to learn to analyze problems, identify and locate causes of water inefficiency. The qualifications include:
High school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by public speaking, communication, technical writing, horticulture, irrigation, landscape design or related courses.
Valid California Driver’s License issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
The salary range is $31.34 to $37.60 plus generous benefits
To be considered for this position, please submit a District application, resume and cover letter, and three professional references to Shellie Anderson at Bryce Consulting. The position is open until filled with the first screening taking place at the close of business on October 3, 2022. For more information, go to:https://www.sjwd.org/employment