The City of Chino is seeking qualified and motivated individuals to join its dynamic Water Division. This recruitment for Recycled Water Coordinator is to fill one vacancy and establish an Eligibility List for future consideration (list can be active for up to one year).
- Administer the City's recycled water use program and backflow and cross connection control program; coordinate with permitting agencies to ensure regulatory compliance for the City and its customers.
- Develop and implement operational, administrative and other policies and procedures related to the recycled water use program and backflow and cross connection control program.
- Oversee the installation of new recycled water use sites, site conversions and retrofits, conduct site inspections and oversee coverage testing.
- Perform customer outreach, including notification, coordination and scheduling of new recycled water connections and cross-connection testing.
- Investigate and resolve a variety of customer-related issues regarding the recycled water use program and distribution system.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare and submit a variety of reports.
- Coordinate with outside agencies or groups and ensure compliance with applicable ordinances and regulations.
- Conduct site visits, gather and analyze data, and make written reports to site owners and managers making recommendations as needed for correcting recycled water system deficiencies, run-off, ponding and overspray prevention.
- Maintain and update the records of the City's cross connection program, backflow prevention device installations, inspections, test results and repairs.
- Review and approve plans and specifications for the installation of backflow prevention devices. Ensure cross connection regulations are being followed, and make recommendations to comply with City standards.
- Perform cross connection control surveys; implement procedures and schedules for evaluating new and existing facilities to assess the degree of hazard, type, quantity, and location of backflow prevention devices.
- Collect samples for bacteriological, chemical, general physical analysis, gross alpha tests, and other water quality samples and tests as required.
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relations with recycled water users.
- Serve as the City's liaison with regional recycled water suppliers, regulatory agencies and customers.
- Interact with co-workers at all levels in the organization in a collaborative and customer service-oriented manner.
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- Perform all duties within the context of the City's Mission Statement and Organizational Values.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential job duties of the position is qualifying. Incumbents will possess the most desirable combination of training, skills, and experience, as demonstrated in their past and current employment history. A typical example includes:
Salary: $56,472 to $68,652 Annually
Close Date: Dec. 30, 2018, 11:59 p.m.