Goleta Water District currently has a need for a full-time Distribution Operator I . Under immediate supervision, this entry-level class performs work on the water service system involving routine and repetitive maintenance, installation and repair assignments. Incumbents may be required to work standby and shift duty. This position will be on a 9/80 schedule. Performs other work-related duties as required:
- Installs, maintains, and repairs water mains, water service connections, fire hydrants, and valves.
- Sets up barricades and other warning devices to channel traffic around construction areas or other hazards.
- Cuts, taps, and threads water pipe and makes copper, plastic or other joint connections.
- Operates power driven machinery such as jackhammers, tampers or other similarly sized equipment.
- Opens and closes main valves, manually or with a valve-operating machine, for water main extensions or repairs.
- Locates valves and water meters using quarter section maps or electronic detectors.
- Raises, lowers or relocates water mains, water meters, valves, and fire hydrants to allow clearance for other utilities or improvements.
- Sets meter boxes and water meters and records meter readings and other required meter identification information.
- Assists in the maintenance of truck, tools and other equipment.
- Performs minor installation, repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Flushes, cleans, repairs and disinfects storage tanks, reservoirs, mains, and appurtenances.
In addition, the Distribution Operator I position must have one (1) year of experience in general maintenance and construction work. Possession of an appropriate valid California Driver’s License. Possession and proof of a good driving record as evidenced by freedom from multiple or serious traffic violations for at least two (2) years’ duration. Possession of a certification issued by the California State Department of Health Services as a Grade D2 Water Distribution Operator within two (2) year of placement in this class.
The District has a COVID-19 vaccine policy that applicants must adhere to.
Click HERE apply for the Distribution Operator I/II, please submit current resume, employment application and supplemental questions to: email@example.com. It is important that your application reflect all relevant education and experience.
Salary: $69,143 - $80,041 / annually
This position is open until filled.