It is an exciting time to work for Arapahoe County Water and Wastewater Authority (ACWWA), we are growing, and we are looking for a Director of Operations and Facilities to join our team. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who wants to be part of a positive, high performing culture that focuses on providing a great value and services to our customers.
ACWWA operates and manages a state-of-art water and wastewater system that focuses on efficiency and innovation, has water operations in three counties, provides contract services to outside entities and utilizes reuse and additional methods to optimize its water management. ACWWA is currently managing a $20 million-dollar annual CIP budget, operates a wastewater treatment plant and is incorporating an innovative method for brine management at its water treatment plant.
ACWWA believes in outstanding customer service, transparency and is financially stable. In the past 5 years ACWWA credit ratings have been upgrade twice and currently has an AA rating.
By joining ACWWA you will help provide sustainable water/wastewater services for all our customers and protect the environment. You will be joining a team who say professionalism, reliability, integrity, accountability and efficiency guides us on how we conduct our business.
Why Work for ACWWA?
ACWWA is a dynamic and positive place to work with passionate employees. ACWWA provides excellent benefits including a 100% employer paid health insurance, dental, vision, HRA contributions, 11 paid holidays, two (2) floating holidays, 3% employer contributions to employee retirement plus up to 5% matching retirement contribution program, wellness reimbursement, volunteer time off, vacation, sick time, short term disability and long-term disability.
As the Director of Facilities and Operations, you will be part of the executive management team and you will work closely with the General Manger and the other Directors to maintain, champion and support ACWWA’s Mission, Vision, Values and positive culture. This position will provide leadership, support and guidance to all the department employees as well as others throughout the organization. This position is responsible for managing, planning, directing, coordinating, supervising and ensuring and supporting optimal administration of all water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, facilities, fleet and maintenance operations. This position will oversee and support all personnel within this department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and participate in agreement negotiations, contract development and administration, oversite of incident planning, implements initiatives and provides strategic planning and implementation of programs;
- Project Management, will act as a project manager, and/or oversee the execution of projects;
- Work closely with Engineering, Administrative Departments and General Manager to develop and implement strategies and priorities;
- Oversee and ensure that all operations are being conducted within regulation and safety guidelines. Makes recommendations for improvements;
- Plan, direct, oversee, coordinates, supervise and review the work of collection and distribution, Wastewater Operations, Water Treatment and Maintenance which includes operation, maintenance, repairs, installation, construction, and vehicle maintenance;
- Manage and/or negotiate Operational Contracts;
- Review, approve/recommend and may prepare requisitions for necessary equipment, material and supplies;
- Develops and tracks budgets for department;
- Assign, review, and evaluate the work of staff for accuracy and completeness;
- Schedule, plan and coordinate staffing levels, equipment and supplies to complete designated tasks and within established budget parameters;
- Work directly with customers and the community as needed to provide information or to resolve issues;
- Keep informed of current trends and technology in areas of responsibility and apply to assigned functional area of responsibility.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and operating requirements of a water utility, and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of standard safety practices such as: lock out tag out, confine space, arc flash etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens, and elected officials; handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and fulfill goals and objectives; direct and effectively supervise a large, diverse workforce; and administer budgets.
- The ability to work strategically and collaboratively with the team members to implement and manage initiatives, plans, policies, and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, decision making, and managerial skills.
- Work in a busy environment and manage the work load effectively.
- Understand, interpret, explain and apply Authority policy and procedures governing assigned areas of responsibility. Exercise sound, independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Develop and implements appropriate procedures and controls.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with diplomacy and discretion.
- Prepare clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence and other written materials.
- Prioritize and organize own work, meets critical deadlines and coordinates activities with other Authority department to ensure completion of the work.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or directly related field. Any combination of education or experience that would provide the necessary knowledge and abilities is qualifying
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), Leadership in Energy and Environmental design (LEED) preferred
- Experience with the development of processes and strategies for streamlining capital expenditures and creating organizational efficiencies
- At least ten (10) years progressively responsible utility operations experience
- At least five (5) years supervisory experience
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS TO INCLUDE:
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Motor Vehicle Record Check
ACWWA is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To Apply – Send resume, cover letter and employment application with salary expectations to HR@acwwa.com ; with the subject line “Director of Operations and Facilities”. Employment application can be found at http://acwwa.com/career-opportunities