This current vacancy exists in the Water Field Office within the Water Division of the City of Stockton's Municipal Utilities Department. The Senior Water Systems Operator performs a variety of water operations duties, including production, distribution, customer service and construction and maintenance work; performs related work as assigned. The incumbent will work a 9/80 schedule: 7:00am-4:30pm Monday through Thursday; 7:00am-3:30pm Fridays, with every other Friday off.
Possession of a high school diploma or GED.
Three (3) years of experience in the operation and maintenance of water distribution and production facilities work with one (1) year at or above the journey level.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class C California driver’s license. Possession of a valid California Class A driver’s license is desirable.
- Must obtain a Hazardous Materials Endorsement from the California Department of Motor Vehicles prior to completion of one year probationary period.
- Must successfully complete the designated number of contact hours (e.g. continuing education/training requirements) as determined by the California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) to maintain the required certification. Certification is required as a condition of continued employment with the City of Stockton. Failure to comply with California SWRCB regulations pertaining to Distribution Operator Certifications may result in termination of employment.
Senior level (in addition to the above requirements for all levels)
- Must possess and maintain a valid Grade D3 Distribution Operator Certificate issued by the California SWRCB.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid Grade T1 Treatment Operator Certificate issued by the California SWRCB within one (1) year of appointment or two (2) consecutive offered tests by the SWRCB, whichever is later.
- Possession of a valid Grade D4 Distribution Operator Certificate or higher issued by the California SWRCB is highly desirable.
Salary: $6,378 to $6,696 Monthly
Close Date: Feb. 25, 2021, 5:30 p.m.