The Operator Wastewater Treatment Plant is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant as well as the daily operation of the Clearwater Filtration System for the mill process water. Massachusetts License 4-M required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the wastewater treatment plant effluent to the highest quality possible and within permitted discharge limitations. Including maintaining proper chemical dosages and operating the beltpress.
- Maintain quality of the mill process water as it is filtered through the Clearwater System, including taking readings and samples and adjusting the chemical dosage on a daily basis.
- Perform daily sampling and analytical tests on the wastewater treatment plant effluent as specified in the discharge permit.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance at the wastewater treatment facility. Including cleaning, lubricating, and unplugging pumps and lines etc.
- Responsible for responding to call-in’s at the wastewater treatment plant and maintaining a call-in schedule.
- Responsible for obtaining the annually required training contact hours for wastewater treatment plant operator license renewal.
- Responsible for training back-up treatment plant operators.
- Prepare yearly shutdown work list for Engineering.
- Perform monthly well sampling.