JOB SUMMARY: Works with minimal supervision. Carries out all aspects of the water qualitymonitoring program for the Company. Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs complex tasks to ensure compliance with water quality and environmental regulations. Initiates corrective action for procedural, product, or process deficiencies.
- Updates and executes the water quality monitoring plan to ensure Company compliance with regulatory requirements and to achieve water quality objectives.
- Collects, or manages collection, of water samples according to appropriate methodology as prescribed by the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB), AWWA Standard Methods, EPA, and/or laboratory requirements.
- Serves as liaison for LU with contracted laboratories.
- Drafts an annual budget for anticipated laboratory expenses.
- Investigates complaints and responds to concerns from customers concerning water quality.
- Maintains water quality related documents and files in electronic format in the Company data base.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, with government and public representatives.
- Has, or can acquire, a working knowledge of WaterTrax.
- Prepares and submits compliance reports to appropriate regulatory agencies (or others) in a timely fashion and as required by law or permit.
- Inspects company facilities such as wells, reservoirs, pumps, mains, etc., to ascertain their compliance with sanitary standards.
- Coordinates with Engineering Department to check plans for conformance with cross connection control and Water Works requirements
- Reports to his/her supervisor any emerging or ongoing water quality concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, plus three years of experience in the water quality, water production, or suitable equivalent
- Must possess a SWRCB Water Distribution Operator Grade 2 or SWRCB Water Treatment Operator Grade 2
- Must possess a valid California Class C driver’s license
- Must have the ability to meet tactfully with the general public in matters of water quality
- Must have general knowledge of water distribution systems, water quality principles, and applicable federal, state and local laws, including Title 17, Title 22, Clean Water Act (NPDES), and Safe Drinking Water Act
- Must communicate effectively with co-workers, and display a positive attitude and leadership ability
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel, and be able to create charts, graphs, and presentations
- Must have the ability to direct, train and oversee others in performing related tasks, be willing to attend meetings, conferences, and pursue continued education to stay current with changing laws and regulations related to water quality
· Sight sufficient to possess a California Class C driver’s license, and to read necessary data pertaining to position.
· Hearing sufficient to receive telephone communications with supervisor and public.
· Must have the dexterity to keep neat handwritten records, and operate a computer.
· The activities of this position may include manual pushing, pulling, lifting and occasional carrying of heavy objects. While in general the company does not expect an employee to lift more than 51 lbs under ideal conditions (NIOSH recommendations), materials and equipment such as jack hammers, valves, piping, etc. which may be heavier, are occasionally used/handled to perform certain work activities. Personnel are provided with, and expected to employ the use of, lifting equipment, techniques, methods and procedures to assist with safe handling of such items.
*NOTE: It is recommended that personnel do not individually engage in lifting and carrying activities that exceed the Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Recommended Weight Limit (RWL) to be lifted with two hands, under ideal conditions, of 51 pounds maximum. Any supplies, materials, tools, and equipment in excess of this weight should be handled using appropriate material handling processes, procedures, and methods, including team lifting, material handling devices, mechanized equipment, and other suitable means of assistance
CLICK HERE AT THE LINK: https://algonquin.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a27p2ka3pp5q?jobtitle=&js_136559=&js_135450=&js_138361=593693&js_169431=&js_247742=&apply_filters=1