Experience/Qualifications: California Grade V Wastewater or Water Treatment Certification required, 5 years of industry experience. Supervisory experience a plus
Job Objective/Facility Description
Reporting directly to the Area Manager, the Operations Manager/CPO has full responsibility for the successful operation and maintenance of the assigned facility.
The Groundwater Reliability Improvement Project (GRIP) is an advanced water treatment facility (AWTF) developed by the Water Replenishment District of Southern California (WRD). The GRIP-AWTF will provide advanced treatment of approximately 10,000-acre feet per year (8.9 million gallons per day [MGD]) of tertiary treated recycled water from the Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts’ (LACSD) San Jose Creek Water Reclamation Plant (SJCWRP). The GRIP-AWTF is designed to have the capability of producing up to 14.8 MGD of advanced treated recycled water.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate & manage the assets of assigned facilities, associated personnel, and clients
- Supervise and manage operations & maintenance personnel including significant responsibility for training, performance evaluations, mentoring etc.
- Manages implementation and ongoing utilization of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for tracking Asset Management
- Interact with regulatory agencies and clients
- Analyze and resolve problems with process and/or equipment
- Review lab tests and interpret data
- Perform equipment operation and maintenance
- Work nights & weekends if necessary to maintain facility compliance
- Create and distribute client and operating data reports
- Prepare and coordinate regulatory data as required by client
- Maintain compliance with regulatory permits
- Oversee and perform process adjustments to maintain treatment process compliance
- Perform other duties and participate in the operation of other facilities on limited basis as needed
- Client Interface including attending monthly operations meetings
- Prepare Monthly Operations Reports to client
- Manage Capital Replacement projects specific to assigned facilities
- Promote and adhere to PERC Water’s written corporate Safety program
- Maintain acceptable attendance per PERC Water standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- General computer knowledge; good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent team-working and communications skills to enable effective interaction with and supervision of PERC Water personnel.
- Must possess good verbal, written and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with coworkers and supervisor. Ability to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
- Body Positions: Standing, sitting for extended periods of time, walking.
- Body Movements: Use of hands, eyes, arms, and voice. Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 pounds on a regular basis. Must be able to climb up and down stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to climb on, or into facility equipment and systems (Confined Space Training required).
- Willingness to travel a plus.
- Language ability includes reading, writing, spelling, and the ability to communicate clearly on business topics in English.
Education, Professional Credentials and Experience
- Valid California Grade V Wastewater or Water Treatment Certification
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in water resource facility operations
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Prior supervisory experience a plus
- Degree a plus but not required
Company Overview: PERC Water Corporation is a water recycling company focused on returning water to nature. We seek to hire productive workers and innovative thinkers for all positions within the company. PERC encourages all employees to take ownership of the processes they are part of and responsible for. We design, build, operate and manage water recycling facilities throughout the United States, are committed to producing water of the highest quality, and guarantee the risks associated with water recycling for every client. Company Web site: www.percwater.com
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Employer sponsored medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time. Company sponsored 401k Plan
To Apply: E-mail resume and a brief cover letter/e-mail introduction to: email@example.com.
Employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Must have a valid CA Driver’s License and be able to provide proof of insurance.