Human Resources Department
201 East Oak Street,
Arcadia, Florida 34266
Telephone (863) 993-4808
Fax (863) 993-4708
R E C R U I T M E N T N O T I C E
As an employer, DeSoto County will not permit discrimination because of race, color, handicap, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or political affiliation. We make every effort to employ best-qualified individuals. Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Laws of Florida.
POSITION: DUAL LICENSED TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
POSITION #: 91341
SALARY RANGE: $19.62 ($40,812) - $27.26 ($56,709)
OPENING DATE: NOVEMBER 19, 2019
CLOSING DATE: UNTIL FILLED
Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled technical and maintenance work in the operation, maintenance and repair of water and wastewater treatment facilities and systems. The incumbent shall work under the close supervision of a supervisor as assigned by the Utilities Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Monitors the performance of all equipment, gauges, levels, and charts in the treatment plant and pump stations.
2. Records statistical data concerning plant operations; Maintains, operates, repairs, and replaces equipment as necessary.
3. Charts lab test results for trend analysis and maintains accurate records of analyses and test results; evaluates data and writes reports as required.
4. Read meters, collect and identify samples, test samples, and record all pertinent data for M.O.R. and D.M.R as required in accordance with local, state, and federal requirements.
5. Gathers test and samples for monthly operating reports required in accordance with local, state, and federal requirements.
6. Operates, maintains, and repairs malfunctions at the water/wastewater treatment plant. Repairs gauges, pumps, filters and other controls and equipment.
7. Performs quality control tests on lab equipment and lab analyses; evaluates procedures and results for accuracy and determines appropriate methods.
8. Assures that plant operates within required D.E.P. standards.
9. Trains and mainta in lesser skilled personal in all treatment plants operations including lab methods and procedures to assure accuracy of test results.
10. Operates and maintains water and sewage pump stations; operates pumps and valves to control treatment process.
11. Maintains the drawings and schematics of as-builts and other systems in the treatment plant.
12. Monitors performance of electrical systems, circuits or equipment of the treatment plant.
13. Inspects mechanical failures and schedules work orders.
14. Ability to develop sound record keeping procedures and to prepare accurate records.
15. Performs various ground maintenance and house keeping duties as assigned.
16. Sign daily log books on assigned Treatment Plant Facilities.
17. Ability to operate and cover more than one Treatment Plant on any given day.
18. Ability to supervise and complete work assignments f o r Inmates.
19. Shift work, weekends, and Holidays.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees w i l l be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
? Working knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in water and/or wastewater treatment plant maintenance and operation activities.
? Working knowledge of laboratory procedures and practices.
? Skilled in operation of tools and equipment. Ability to perform process control calculations.
? Ability to work under minimum supervision.
? Ability to work safely.
? Ability to communicate effectively verbally, and in writing.
? Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, and the public.
? Ability to understand and carryout written and oral instructions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent and possess a Florida Department of Environmental Protection Class “C” Dual License for both Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants. A higher class license will also be acceptable.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Florida Drivers License or be willing to obtain one at the time of employment. Possess a Florida Department of Environmental Protection Class “C” Dual License for both Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILS:
? Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
? Acceptable hearing (with or without aid)
? Heavy (45 pounds and over) lifting and carrying
? Reaching, pushing, pulling, walking, standing, climbing, kneeling, bending, stooping
? Driving heavy equipment
? Works outside in various weather conditions with: dust, fumes, gases, chemicals, oils, uneven and slippery surfaces
? Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration.
? Occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
? The noise level in the work environment is usually loud in field settings, and moderately quiet in office settings.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability)
TO APPLY VISIT: www.desotobocc.com, or www.employflorida.com
- troubleshooting: 1 year (Preferred)
- mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)
- operating boilers: 1 year (Preferred)
- electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- building repairs: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off