The principal function of an employee in this class is to manage, organize, and supervise the daily functions and activities of the City’s Water Treatment Plants. Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the operation and maintenance of Bozeman’s Water Treatment Plant (WTP). Instructs, schedules, and supervises water treatment employees in operations, maintenance, or laboratory functions. Responds to citizen’s complaints and inquiries. Participates in the overall operation of the City's Water Treatment Plants. Performs directly related work as required.
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity with many benefits. As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Engineering or a closely related field, and
- At least 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in water treatment plant operations including at least two years supervisory duties; or
- Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Membrane plant experience and knowledge of Safe Drinking Water Act and Clean Water Act, and development, and implementation of safety programs is desirable.
- *For a list of required knowledge skills, and abilities please refer to the job description located in the link below.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possession of a Montana Class 1B Water Operator’s Certificate (must obtain within one year of employment);
- Valid driver’s license (must obtain valid Montana Driver’s License within 60 days of employment)
- Must sign a City Financial Disclosure form upon entry into employment;
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to appropriate post conditional offer process.
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online at bozeman.net/jobs;
- Attached a Cover Letter and Resume;
- Deadline: March 1, 2020 @ 11:59pm