Salary: $65,567.00 - $87,846.00 (Yearly Salary)
Under direction, is responsible for the safe, economical operation of County owned and operated sewage treatment plants and lift stations, providing maximum protection against pollution of the surrounding waters. Conducts inspection tours of sewage treatment plants, checks daily log of plant activities and schedules repair crews for emergency repairs, other repairs and preventive maintenance. Inspects new plants to ensure adherence to specifications. Ensures that activities and methods are in compliance with state regulations. Reviews for accuracy and maintains a variety of reports to County, state and federal regulating and health agencies. Assists in preparing division budget and conducts efficiency and cost improvement studies. Supervises and performs continuous chemical tests on sewage and water samples. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Employees of this classification are required to be available for operational problems, equipment emergencies, widespread storms, power outages and other operations and maintenance emergencies as deemed necessary by management after normal working hours, weekends and holidays. Also, employees in this classification are assigned On-Call duties as required by management.
1. Must possess a class “B” Municipal Waste Water Treatment certificate from the State of Michigan.
2. Have had at least six (6) years full-time work experience in sewage treatment operations, at least two (2) years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before hire date.
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.