A water professional’s dream job. In an area of California that boasts low crime, great schools, moderate climate, amazing outdoor living; the Calaveras County Water District also has as broadly diverse a water and wastewater system to challenge the most seasoned water professional. The variety and breadth of systems and geographies presents many challenges and opportunities for the operations department. The District currently has 65 employees, of whom 45 work in operations. The District operates and maintains 5 water treatment plants and 12 wastewater treatment plants. Some 130 plus miles separate the outermost District facilities from one another. The District’s collection and distribution systems throughout the county total 287.5 miles of water pipeline and 125 miles of sewer line. The District is the owner and FERC licensee of two hydroelectric power plants. A diverse and dynamic staff of 45 exists to support and keep all in order.
An opportunity for a top-level professional manager who understands the balance between complex technical water project delivery and managing a diverse, high functioning staff to make it happen.
The ideal Director of Operations will be a person who:
- Has demonstrated ability to plan/design, and manage the construction of large infrastructure projects.
- Has demonstrated knowledge and experience in bringing staff together to best serve the agency
The successful candidates will posses, at a minimum:
- Advanced studies in water/wastewater relevant studies or obvious equivalent combination of experience and education
- A demonstrated talent for successfully managing a diverse workforce with an established culture within a public agency.
- At least five years of background experience in municipal, state, or federal government, military, consulting, or private sector business, or a combination thereof.
The annual salary range for this position is listed at $109,176-$146,472 DOQ. The District also offers a generous comprehensive benefits package.
For a brochure, click the following link: https://tinyurl.com/CCWDbrochure
To be considered, submit your electronic resume, cover letter, and three professional references in one file to Andrew@bhiconsulting.com.
Closing date is November 6, 2018.