It is an exciting time to work for Arapahoe County Water and Wastewater Authority (ACWWA), we are growing, and we are looking for a Project Engineer I or II to join our team. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who wants to be part of a growing business in an established organization. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
· Project Engineer I - $56,906.13- $71,132.66
· Project Engineer II - $66,363.11- $82,960.14
By joining ACWWA you will help provide sustainable water/wastewater services for all our customers and protect the environment. You will be joining a team who would say that the professionalism, reliability, integrity, accountability and efficiency are guiding us on how we conduct our business.
ACWWA is a dynamic and positive place to work with passionate employees. ACWWA provides excellent benefits including a 100% employer paid health insurance, dental, vision, HRA contributions, 11 paid holidays, 3% employer contributions to employee retirement plus up to 5% matching retirement contribution program, wellness reimbursement, volunteer time off, vacation, sick time, short term disability etc.
More information about ACWWA can be found at www.ACWWA.com.
This position requires knowledge of engineering and project management principles and practices used in the design, permitting, and construction of public water and wastewater projects. Position will be responsible for:
· Project management including maintaining project schedules and budgets, preparing reports.
· Conducting computer analysis, the operation of hydraulic and related models.
· Planning and conducting independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
· Ensuring conformance with internal policies, engineering standards, and regulatory requirements.
· Responds to customer concerns and inquiries and other stakeholders.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills in a variety of settings are essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in working with Water and Wastewater utility environment preferred
- Experience in development plan review preferred
- Asset management experience preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in civil engineering or a closely related field.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines.
The performance of this position may require exposure to construction areas which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as hardhat and safety glasses.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS TO INCLUDE:
· Criminal Background Check
· Drug Screening
· Motor Vehicle Record Check
ACWWA is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To Apply – Send resume, cover letter and employment application with salary expectations to HR@acwwa.com ; with the subject line “Project Engineer”. Employment application can be found at http://acwwa.com/career-opportunities