Water Distribution Operator Levels I, II and III
Fair Oaks Water District is committed to providing our community with an adequate and reliable supply of water, exceeding all drinking water standards, at the lowest reasonable cost. The full-time positions offer a terrific team environment and excellent benefit package.
General Job Description for Water Distribution Operator:
Under supervision of the Operations Supervisor, this position performs a variety of tasks in the operations and maintenance functions of the District; assists in the installation of water mains, meters and related water distribution facilities; drives and operates heavy equipment and hydraulic and pneumatic tools; assists in service work which may include concrete work, landscaping, welding and other related duties; assists in the maintenance of District facilities and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of materials and equipment used in water service installation, maintenance, and repair work.
- Knowledge of water quality issues related to the operation of water systems.
- Proper work safety laws, rules and regulations.
- Perform basic work assignments in the installation, maintenance, and repair of water service systems and meters.
- Learn the more difficult water service and meter installation, maintenance, and repair work.
- Operate motor vehicles and power-driven equipment used in water service work.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Follow oral and written directions.
Experience, Licenses and Certification:
- All Candidates: Graduation from High School or Equivalent and a valid CA driver license and good driving record.
- DSOI: CA Water Distribution Operator Certificate I or the ability to obtain one within one-year. CA DMV driver license class B or higher or ability to obtain one within one-year.
- DSOII: CA Water Distribution Operator Certificate II, CA Water Treatment Operator Certificate I, CA DMV class A license or the ability to obtain one within one-year and two-years water industry experience.
- DSOIII: CA Water Distribution Operator Certificate III, CA Water Treatment Operator Certificate I, CA DMV class A license or the ability to obtain one within one-year and three-years water industry experience.
Compensation – Salary Ranges:
- DSOI: $41,696 - $56,290
- DSOII: 45,866 - $61,919
- DSOIII: $57,055 - $77,025
HOW TO APPLY: Applications and job descriptions may be obtained athttp://www.fowd.com/employment or at the District office located at 10326 Fair Oaks Blvd., Fair Oaks, CA 95628. Resumes and cover letters are encouraged but will not be accepted in lieu of the application form. Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address above and must be received by 4:30 PM on Wednesday, August 14, 2019.