Treatment Plant Operator
Are you a water/wastewater professional seeking a new opportunity with a dynamic organization committed to providing unparalleled service? If so, we have the perfect role for you! Lehigh County Authority is seeking a Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator to join our team in Allentown, PA. In this role, you will perform a variety of duties to assure the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of LCA’s water production and filtration systems and/or wastewater treatment facilities.
About Us and What We Offer You
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
At LCA we are fully focused on equality and inclusion, and believe deeply in diversity and all the fascinating characteristics that make us each unique.
Benefits and Perks
LCA offers competitive pay and robust benefits including:
- Paid Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with no employee contributions
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
- Company provided life & AD&D insurance
- Flex Spending Plan and other voluntary coverage
- Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(Empower)
What the Job Looks Like
In this role you will have an opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the success of LCA through the following core job responsibilities:
- Performs services to operate all equipment, machines and on-line technical testing devices used in the purification and filtration of water, the treatment of wastewater, including, but not limited to, electrical control boards, motors, pumps, meters, boilers, heaters, and sludge processing units; notes any malfunctioning equipment and makes adjustments as needed; refers maintenance problems supervision. Documents all malfunctioning equipment and submits written report for maintenance services.
- Starts and stops pumps, regulates valves, observes flow dials, reads gauges in order to assure proper operation of the system and uses a keyboard on a computer and manually logs readings.
- Collects samples of the process stream at various stages through the plant(s) for laboratory testing and analysis; also performs some analysis where required, add chemicals according to prescribed standards for proper treatment of the water/wastewater being processed; may adjust chemical oxidation units to control airborne emission of odorous substances, may work at either treatment plant on a rotational shift, based on scheduled assignment, or as a temporary assignment
- Instructs and directs Treatment Plant Operator I staff members.
- Provide quality and effective customer service to customers, citizens, and internal departments
- Related work as required
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Education: High school diploma and specialized training in water purification/filtration/wastewater treatment, and/or, formal coursework in technical aspects of treatment process.
- Experience: 2 years in a water or wastewater plant at the maintenance worker level, or equivalent training and experience, or,
- Certification: Completion certificates from California State University, Sacramento for "Operation of Wastewater Treatment Plants", Volumes I & II or "Water Treatment Plant Operation", Volumes I & II. Training equivalent to this level but through different sources will be accepted, and,
- Licensure: Must possess either a valid Class “A” Water or Class “A” Wastewater License (no subclasses required). Valid driver’s license needed to operate company vehicles
- Schedule/Location:12-hour shift and ability to work at either treatment plant on a rotational basis required.
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oDpAlfwH&s=Water_and_Waste_Water_Jobs
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.