The Pinery Water and Wastewater District is seeking an experienced Instrumentation and Controls/SCADA Programmer to provide installation and operational support for the District’s automated water/wastewater systems. The Pinery WSD is a water and wastewater service provider located in eastern Douglas County dedicated to providing “Quality Water for LIFE” to nearly 15,000 customers. If you are interested in joining a team that values integrity, accountability, collaboration, communication, and safety please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General job duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide professional level installation and operational support for the District’s automated water/wastewater systems including daily administration, maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting, testing and repairing a variety of data acquisition (SCADA), radio communications, and instrumentation and control equipment for both water distribution and waste water treatment systems.
- Participate with engineers, operators and contractors in the design of instrumentation and control systems for new and existing facilities. Program, maintain and document logic programming on all PLC’s and RTU’s, and on HMI interface applications on management stations.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all instruments including pressure, level and flow transmitters, water quality monitoring instruments, switches, valves and remote field devices reporting to SCADA system. Maintain District radio/SCADA/telemetry communications systems.
- Develop reports and analyze system performance data to assess overall health of SCADA, communication, security and network systems.
- Performs duties in a manner consistent with the stated values of the organization.
- Assist as directed; Fulfill "on call" requirements on a rotating basis – 30 minute or less commute preferred.
- Provide excellent customer
Candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or an instrumentation/control related field with two (2) years process control experience in water/wastewater systems with an emphasis in SCADA technology; or any equivalent combination.
- Solid knowledge of Instrumentation and Control/SCADA systems, PLC, and RTU programming and field devices, I&C diagrams, communication standards and networking interfaces from PLC/RTU to SCADA networks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, proficiency with Microsoft IIS & SQL Server, Iconics Genesis 32 suite and Genesis 64, RSLogix 500 and experience with IEC61131 programming.
- Working knowledge of industry standard communication protocol such as BSAP, DataHighwayPlus (DH+), DeviceNetDF1 and conceptual knowledge of Ethernet networking in a fully routed environment, VPN connectivity and basic network security
- Working knowledge of process control hardware such as GE 90-30, Versa Max+ RX3I and Allen-Bradley SLC 500 series PLC’s.
- Working knowledge of radio telemetry with emphasis in serial connectivity utilizing fixed frequency and spread spectrum radio technology.
- Working knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s) helpful.
- Working knowledge of A/C and D/C signal circuitry with emphasis on process measurement and instrumentation.
- Working knowledge of water distribution and wastewater treatment operations, facilities, processes and equipment.
- A valid Driver’s License and acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Pass random drug and alcohol testing
Compensation dependent upon qualifications; starting pay is targeted between $30.00-38.00 per hour. The Pinery WSD offers a comprehensive benefits package including a generous retirement saving plan where employees are immediately eligible for a 6% employer contribution and 6% company match.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.