Eastsound Water was incorporated in 1955 as a private, member-owned, Association. Eastsound is located on Orcas Island, in San Juan County Washington. Orcas Island has year round population of 5000 people. Primary access to the island is via Washington State Ferry.
There are currently roughly Eastsound Water 1100 service meters that are supported with an annual budget of just over $1 million. The water system has no debt and +$1M in capital reserves. Annual production includes roughly 29 million gallons multi-media surface treatment plant and 30 million gallons from 7 groundwater wells. The system has deployed cell-based smart meters and SCADA technology throughout the system. Annual unaccounted-for-water is between 2% and 4% over past 5 years.
The General Managers supports a team that includes two office staff, 5 field staff and a part-time bookkeeper.
Website – https://eastsoundwater.org/
- Compensation commensurate with experience. ($70-120K range)
- Final job description will be customized for successful applicant.
- Applications being taken through March 17, 2020.
- Overlapping transition with current GM available through end of 2020.
- Inquiries Resume and Reference Contacts Information should be emailed to email@example.com