Manages the overall operation of the wastewater treatment operations area in such a manner as to meet all Local, State and Federal requirements. Position is responsible for the efficient, safe and economical operation of the Water Campus Water Reclamation Plant (WRP), Advanced Water Treatment (AWT) Plant, Gainey Ranch (WRP) Water Reclamation Plant and the Desert Mountain and Westworld Non-Potable Recharge Facilities.
Deadline to Apply: Feb. 12, 2019
Education and Experience
- An Associate's degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Eight years of operation and maintenance of a large complex wastewater treatment facilities including five years at supervisory level.
- Experience with advanced computerized systems utilized in the control and monitoring of wastewater treatment facilities.
- An equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
- Preferred: Technical training and/or college courses in Water Technology, Biology, Chemistry or Management.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirement
- Must have upon hire or promotion, a Grade 4 Certification from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality in Wastewater Treatment.
- Preferred: In addition to the Grade 4 in Wastewater Treatment, Grade 2 operator certifications within the discipline of Water Treatment and Wastewater Collections.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment.
Salary: $75,629 to $109,970 Annually