Salary: $45,760.00 - $56,186.00 Annually
Close: Sept 29, 2022
Please Apply online through:
Performs a variety of office and field duties to support the City’s water conservation programs; assists customers with water conservation inquiries; provides support to the Water Resources Program by assisting with violation patrols, leak detection, meter reading, rebate processing, and permit and records maintenance; performs other related duties as assigned.
This classification performs office and field support duties to help ensure the efficient operation of the City’s water conservation programs. Responsibilities include performing work independently in day-to-day situations, although supervision is available in difficult or unusual situations. The work requires the application of departmental policies, procedures, and regulations, as well as local laws and codes. This class is distinguished from the Water Resources Technician in that the latter performs higher-level technical duties related to the development, implementation, and administration of the City’s water conservation and water supply programs. It is distinguished from the Administrative Assistant classification series in that the latter typically performs general office administrative support duties, whereas this class performs office support and field duties that focus on water conservation.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives general supervision from the Water Resources Program Manager.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all tasks that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Assists customers, over the phone and in person, with water conservation inquiries using the City’s utility billing software, and City-offered water conservation programs; provides a high level of customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Patrols City for wastewater violations; specifies the violation and leaves a notice on the resident’s door; provides the violation information to Water Resources management for follow-up.
- Reviews data generated through the City’s meter-reading system to identify and call customers who may have water leaks; provides customers with information about how to detect and remedy water leaks.
- Reads water meters if data is missing or seems unusual.
- Interprets, applies, and explains departmental and City regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Reviews, evaluates, and processes applications for the City’s water conservation rebate programs.
- Provides administrative support to Water Resources staff; maintains files, data, notes, and records related to construction water permits, site-specific reports and maps, and program activities.
- Provides field support to Water Resources staff; takes notes and photos during inspections.
- Assists with development of educational water conservation content and displays in City buildings, printed handouts, and web pages.
- Coordinates water conservation program efforts with staff from City departments and external agencies.
- Performs related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required.