Salary: $19.30 - $27.27 Hourly
Under general supervision, performs the full range of work in the construction, modification, maintenance, repair, and operation of Town infrastructure, including storm and sanitary sewer systems; and performs related work as required.
- Operates specialized vehicles and a variety of light, medium, and heavy equipment related to the construction, maintenance, and repair of the Town’s wastewater infrastructure system.
- Maintains wastewater lines and pump stations to ensure continuous flow of Town wastes.
- Cleans sanitary wastewater lines in the collection system by means of hydro cleaning and rodding.
- Provides maintenance and repair of wastewater mains and laterals.
- Installs and maintains wastewater manholes and makes minor repairs as directed.
- Inspects wastewater lines, pump stations, and manholes to ensure compliance with established codes.
- Maintains the Town’s wastewater collection system in a safe and sanitary manner to ensure safe conditions for the Town, including repairing broken wastewater mains and parts, and hydro-cleaning to ensure clean and open distribution.
- Inspects, rebuilds, and services pumps, check valves, and floats as necessary.
- Transports contaminated soils and raw sewage to designated areas for proper disposal.
- Performs asphalt and concrete repair and patchwork; removes trees, brush, and debris from right-of-ways to access sewer main lines and laterals.
- Installs and maintains different metering devices throughout the Town’s infrastructure to monitor wastewater flows; downloads necessary information onto a computer.
- May inspect sewer lift stations, read meters and gauges, determine and apply proper chlorination, purchase necessary supplies, and work with contractors on lift station maintenance and repair.
- Observes safe work methods and makes appropriate use of related safety equipment as required.
- Operates and maintains light, medium, and heavy-duty equipment and trucks appropriate to the functional area of assignment.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools and equipment related to work assignment as instructed.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly condition, including securing equipment at the close of the workday.
- Installs street barricades and cones and controls traffic around work sites to ensure safe conditions for the general public and Town workers.
- Responds to after-hours emergencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.