Lee’s Summit is a premier community located southeast of downtown Kansas City, MO. With an estimated population just over 97,000 citizens and growing, residents enjoy the many attributes of a significant suburb within a major metropolitan area. Lee’s Summit is home to great amenities including shopping, outstanding community health facilities, a national gold medal winning Parks and Recreation system, and award winning schools. Lee’s Summit is proud to be voted one of Money Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Live” four times, ranked #5 of America’s 50 best cities to live in by USA Today and ranked #1 of the “Happiest Mid-Sized Cities in America” by Zippia.
The City of Lee’s Summit is seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of Utility System Supervisor in the Water Utilities Department. The Utility System Supervisor performs a variety of skilled, technical, supervisory and administrative work in the planning, construction, operation, repair, maintenance and replacement of municipal wastewater collection and water distribution systems.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field or equivalent years of experience in a related field required
- Minimum of three years’ in construction of public improvements, operation and maintenance of public utilities, or related fields
- Must obtain Missouri DNR Distribution DSIII License or CWEA II or equivalent within 36 months of employment
- Must obtain ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor Certification within 12 months of employment
- Must obtain Confined Space and Entry Certification within 12 months of employment
- Must obtain Bridge Crane and Rigging Certification within 12 months of employment
- Must obtain Trenching and Shoring Competent Person within 12 months of employment
- Valid State issued driver’s license with acceptable driving history
Hiring range is $27.43-$34.29 per hour plus an excellent benefit package.
An application form must be completed (please include detailed resume) and may be obtained at Human Resources, 220 SE Green Street, Lee's Summit, MO 64063, (816)969-1040, or at www.cityofls.net. Fax completed applications with resumes to (816) 969-1055 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. EOE.