Salary Range: $66,352.00 ($31.90/hr.) – $106,184.00 ($51.05/hr.)
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.CHARLESTONWATER.COM
- Strategic responsibility for the proper selection, integration, integrity, security, and operations and maintenance of SCADA networks, security systems and their respective components
- Oversees development and maintains SCADA Master Plan
- Develops and maintains SCADA Instrumentation and Control System and Design Standards Manual
- Provides administrative and technical support of SCADA network to include Human Machine Interface (HMI) hardware and software, PLC hardware and software, radio telemetry systems, fiber communication systems, historical databases, SCADA networks, SCADA servers and client workstations
- Uses various Rockwell programming software to create and modify HMI graphics and PLC programs to support remote monitoring and process control
- Provides direct technical support to CWS departments regarding SCADA systems and their respective components; reviews plans and specifications; works with contractors during installation and startup; attends Factory Acceptance Test
- Coordinates with CWS Information Technology (I.T.) Department work between the SCADA network and the administrative Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Provides administrative and technical support for security systems to include access and control, fence detection, and video surveillance.
- Maintains asset register for SCADA network and security system components
- Oversees and develops use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for corrective repairs, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and inventory control in accordance with CWS Asset Management Program policies and procedures
- Provides direct supervision to assigned SCADA personnel to include administering performance appraisals and new hire orientation period evaluations, and coordinating required training as needed including, EMS, Skills Bases, Standard Operating Instructions (SOI), and safety
- Schedules and directs the activities of assigned SCADA personnel ensuring compliance with established policies, procedures, and standards for quality and safety
- Responsible for preparation, monitoring and control of the annual SCADA budget
- Responsible for writing and maintaining work records; Monthly Operating Report (MOR), software logs, strategy and loop records, schematics and preventive maintenance records
- Assists in the development and implementation of SCADA training programs for CWS staff including new treatment plant operators
- Orders parts, materials and equipment utilizing financial management software
- Develops and presents reports, technical manuals and other documents to department leaders and executive management
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other departments and department leaders, vendors, sales representatives, outside repair/service personnel, the public, etc.
- May be required to work during emergency conditions
- Regular attendance is required
- Job performance must conform to all CWS Policies and Procedures
- Specific knowledge of CWS Environmental Management System Policy and Procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements, Activities, and Working Conditions
- Ability to issue, receive and understand complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisor(s), co-workers, engineers and the general public for the purpose of exchanging information
- Ability to distinguish colors in the visible light color spectrum with the naked eye or corrective lenses
- Ability to work at heights above 100 feet. Ability to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs and ramps to make inspections
- Ability to walk on top of or below vertical or horizontal piping and valves in confined spaces
- Ability to traverse in adverse field conditions to include treatment plant sites, construction work sites, unpaved streets, uneven ground, cluttered work areas, wet conditions, etc.
- Ability to observe repairs and field work in progress
- Occasionally must lift up to 50 pounds. Objects greater than 50 lbs. require a two-person operation.
- Daily maneuvering in awkward positions, twisting, bending, and standing required
- Frequent deskwork with extended sitting required.
- Occasional exposure to loud machinery. Must wear hearing protection.
- Subject to varied weather conditions with work occurring both indoors and outdoors
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to operate and maintain motor vehicles
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as defined by the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) to perform the required functions
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or related discipline with at least four (4) years of progressive experience in an Instrumentation/SCADA system field, and with a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience;
- OR Associate’s degree in Electronics or related discipline with at least seven (7) years of progressive experience in an Instrumentation/SCADA System field, and with a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience
- OR at least twelve (12) years’ progressive experience in an Instrumentation/SCADA system field, and with a minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience
- Experience installing, programming, troubleshooting and maintaining network switches, routers and related equipment
- Experience with Windows Server operating systems and Windows Client operating systems
- Experience with Windows Server tools consisting of MS SQL Server
- Experience programming with VBA coding
- Experience installing, programming, troubleshooting and maintaining PLC Systems
- Experience installing, programming, troubleshooting and maintaining HMI Systems
- Experience installing, programming, troubleshooting and maintaining fiber optic network equipment
- Experience installing, programming, troubleshooting and maintaining radio communications equipment
- Experience with Access and Control Security and IP video monitoring systems preferred
- Extensive knowledge of communication protocols, mainly consisting of TCP/IP
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to make independent decisions and develop solutions to complex operational problems encountered in the SCADA/HMI System
- Excellent communication skills. Must establish and maintain good relationships with co-workers and other divisions of Charleston Water System using good oral, listening and written skills
- Prior work record indicating dependability and conscientiousness
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license required.
- OSHA and Departmental safety training as required.
- Skills Based Training
- Standard Operating Instruction (SOI) per department requirements
- ISO 14001 standards for department and company.
- See Department Competency and Training Matrix for this position
Potential Career Path:
ELIGIBILITY FOR PROMOTION TO VARIOUS POSITIONS THROUGHOUT THE COMMISSION DEPENDS UPON INDIVIDUAL QUALIFICATIONS, AND NOTED JOB PROGRESSIONS ARE NO GUARANTEE OF CAREER PATH TO THESE OR ANY OTHER JOB(S) AT THE COMMISSION.