This position is eligible for a Hiring Bonus of $1,500 to $3,000 depending on current Licenses and level (conditions apply).
U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 700 employees in twenty states.
This position involves maintenance crews, sub-contractors, or specific work programs in the construction, maintenance, and repair of water, wastewater, collection and distribution systems and other facilities for U.S. Water Services Corporation. Primary emphasis is project coordination according to prescribed scope, schedule, and budget specifications.
- Analyze and estimate project scope, cost, duration of assigned projects
- Prepares bids, RFP's, quotes, etc. for the maintenance manager
- Prepare estimates for maintenance projects
- Develop, adjust and monitor plans, budgets, and schedules, authorize purchases within limits of authority; monitor and control budget for assigned projects
- Order materials necessary for accomplishing projects
- Manage work as it is performed in collaboration with the maintenance lead. Inspect and maintain work and personnel records as required by the maintenance manager
- Meet with the general public, public agencies or community organizations (as needed).
- Analyze approved shop drawings and track any changes.
- Maintain regular, predictable and punctual attendance during regularly scheduled work hours at assigned worksite.
- Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Perform a variety of related work, as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of general administration duties, water & wastewater distribution & collection lines, mechanical equipment such as Pumps, Drives, Blowers, Motors and standard construction materials used in the Water and Wastewater facilities and systems.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools.
- Knowledge of public safety and security issues and regulations.
- Ability to coordinate own and others' actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Ability to communicate effectively to clients, staff, and management both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and structural blue prints.
- Basic to intermediate Computer skills with Excel, MS WORD, CMMS Data bases, MS Project.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY: Work experience related to infrastructure, lead or supervisory experience is preferred. Related vocational training or education may substitute for up to two years of experience. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- A valid Driver's License is required.
- Dual Licensed Operator
- Basic to intermediate Computer skills with Excel, MS Word, CMMS Data bases, MS Project.
- Experience in water and sewer utilities or construction management is preferred.
- Applicants must work well with others, be socially adapt, and be able to manage multiple responsibilities
*Note: This job description is not all inclusive of job duties.
Compensation and Benefits: US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401(k) with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.