Fair Oaks Water District is committed to providing our community with an adequate and reliable supply of water, exceeding all drinking water standards, at the lowest reasonable cost.
This full time position offers a terrific team environment and excellent benefit package
General Job Description:
Under direct supervision of the Operations Supervisor, this position performs a variety of tasks in the operations and maintenance functions of the District; assist in the installation of water mains, meters and related water distribution facilities; drives and operates vehicles and equipment; assists in the maintenance of District facilities and equipment
Job Standards and Specifications:
- Basic knowledge of materials nd equipment used in water service installation, maintenance, and repair work.
- Knowledge of water quality issues related to the operation of water systems.
- Proper work safety standards.
- Perform basic work assignments in the installation, maintenance and repair of water service systems and meters.
- Learn the more difficult water service and meter installation, maintenance and repair work.
- Operate motor vehicles and power-driven equipment used in water service work.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Follow oral and written directions.
Experience, Licenses and Certification:
- Valid California Drivers License (class B or higher necessary within one-year of employment)
- Graduation from High School or the equivalent
- California Distribution System Operator Grade 1 Certification or the ability to obtain one within on-year of employment
How to Apply:
Applications may be obtained online at www.fowd.com/about-us/employment or at the District office located at 10326 Fair Oaks Blvd., Fair Oaks CA 95628. Resumes and cover letters are encouraged but will not be accepted in lieu of the application form. Applications must be turned in no later the 4:30 PM on Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at the FOWD District Office or by email to email@example.com. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted, questions regarding the posting should be directed to the Human Resource Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.