Our next Utility Worker in our Construction Department values teamwork and cares about our customers. They must because every day, they'll work with a construction crew to install, maintain, repair and operate water mains, service lines, fire hydrants, valves, pumps, and motors used to collect, pump, distribute, treat, and store water.
If you've been in a job like this, you know how important it is. You will be part of the team that is the first line of defense to keep the water flowing for our customers when a water main bursts in the middle of a street, or a vehicle hits a hydrant in the middle of the night.
Rainbow Municipal Water District distributes safe drinking water to agricultural, residential, and commercial customers in our 82-square mile service area that includes the unincorporated communities of Rainbow, Bonsall, and parts of Vista, Oceanside, and Fallbrook. We make a difference.
You will make a difference.
This job is perfect for you if:
- You love being outside and doing physical work, because that's what you'll be doing most of the time.
- You are smart but might not have loved school because you loathe the idea of sitting in front of a desk all day. Instead, you chose your trade, and it is your "genius zone."
- You have a steady work history doing similar work on roads, pipelines, or landscaping, and you have been waiting for the right opportunity to break into the water industry or public service.
- You seek out every opportunity to work overtime and don't mind being on standby and responding to leaks or other emergencies after hours, including holidays.
* The District is accepting applications for Utility Workers at level I, II, or III. Applicants who are Class A drivers and/or welders are eligible to be hired in at level II or III.
To apply, visit our job posting at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rainbowmwd/jobs/2077508/utility-worker-construction