Salary - $85,612.80 - $104,062.40
Senior Pure Water Plant Operator positions lead and direct the work of a crew responsible for the operation of pure water facilities; perform the more difficult and complex pure water treatment and ancillary operation tasks; perform various facility inspections for the purpose of safety evaluation and compliance with various permit/regulatory conditions; develop and provide technical training on specific, assigned aspects of facility operation; maintains equipment; prepare and keeps records and reports; and perform other duties as assigned.
- In addition to the scheduled general wage increases, the following special salary wage increase is also scheduled to take effect for Senior Pure Water Plant Operators:
5% effective 1/1/25
5% effective 1/1/26
- Eligible benefited employees originally hired on or after July 10, 2021, will be automatically enrolled in the San Diego City Employees Retirement System (SDCERS).
You must meet the following requirements on the date you apply, unless otherwise indicated.
CERTIFICATON: You must possess ONE of the following:
- A valid Grade III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator's Certificate issued from the California State Water Resources Control Board.
- A valid Grade T3 Water Treatment Operator's Certification issued from the California State Water Resources Control Board.
- Possession of a valid Advance Water Treatment Operator Certificate (AWT3) issued from the California-Nevada Section of the American Water Works Association (CA-NV AWWA)/California Water Environment Association (CWEA) will be required within two years from date of hire.
LICENSE: A valid California Class C Driver License is required at the time of hire.
- An Associate’s Degree or higher; or an equivalent level Community College certificate program in Water/Wastewater Technology or similar course work.
- Experience using a Distributed Control System (DCS) (e.g., Emerson Westinghouse).
- Experience using a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system.
- Experience using a Water/Wastewater Information Management System (e.g., Hach WIMS).
- Experience using an Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) such as SAP for asset management.
- Computer skills.
- Experience leading the operations of a wastewater or water treatment plant.
- Job ID: 70278056
- Workplace Type: On-Site
San Diego, California, United States
- Position Title: Senior Pure Water Plant Operator
- Company Name For Job: City of San Diego - Government
- Job Function: Maintenance
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: None
- Min Experience: None
- Required Travel: None
- Salary: $85,612.00 - $104,062.00 (Yearly Salary)