The Utility Worker/Relief Certified Pump Operator (UW/RCPO) is scheduled to relieve the Certified Pump Operator (CPO) operates and maintains well, booster pumps, other production related equipment, and regulates other sources of water supply, either by direct or automatic controls (SCADA), in order to maintain distribution system storage, flow, and pressure levels. Operates and maintains water treatment and purification equipment; operates distribution and treatment valves; collects water samples from source supply, storage, and dedicated sampling locations; conducts field analysis of source and distribution system.
A UW/RCPO performs relief work under various field operations classifications.
In addition a UW/RCPO fulfills various aspects of maintenance operations. This includes, change, clean and replace meter, and meter boxes, assist to repair and perform maintenance on water mains, services lines, streets/sidewalks, and fire hydrants; clean and paint station/treatment plant equipment and appurtenances.
Essential Functions - CPO:
- Operate wells, booster pumps, and regulate other sources of supply maintaining flows, storage levels, and optimal system pressure
- Record production data, operational changes, electric use, and utilization of other sources of supply; chemical usage; change charts and maintain chart supplies
- Complete production reports and related paperwork as necessary
- Collect water samples for laboratory analysis and for reporting to interdepartmental and outside regulatory agencies
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system failures; notify appropriate personnel when needed for repairs or further diagnostics
- Operate distribution and treatment valves
- Perform field analysis of water supply for chlorine content and other required field analysis; for example pH, temperature, and other various regulatory requirements; making appropriate adjustments for proper water treatment calibration to meet water regulatory requirements
- Operate and perform maintenance and minor repairs to treatment, disinfection, and equipment
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs to pumping equipment (such as lube lines, small sample taps, etc.)
- Operational testing and basic inspections of all emergency standby power sources including portable and stationary generators, auxiliary, and portable boosters
- Perform regular maintenance, inspection, and cleaning of facilities
Essential Functions -UW:
- Performs relief work under various field operations classifications
- Change and replace 5/8” thru 1” size meters and meter box lids and covers
- Clean out 5/8” through 1” size meter box
- Assist to flush and perform maintenance on all necessary functions of mains, which includes operation system valves
- Assist in setting, replacing, or removing 1-1/2” and 2” size meters
- Notify for shutdowns
- General maintenance of company's facilities
- Collect water samples to a minor extent
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adjust or replace meter boxes as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A UW/RCPO must be able to effectively communicate with their supervisor, co-workers, and the public;
- Have the ability to perform basic mathematic functions to calculate figures; have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent, a valid California Class C Driver's license, and be insurable under the Company's policy
- A UW/RCPO must have a working knowledge of basic features of word processing programs (e.g., Microsoft Word) and electronic mail processing programs (e.g., Microsoft Outlook)
- Employee must be able to work with supervision and respond appropriately to direction, feedback, evaluation, coaching, counseling, and/or discipline
- The job entails an understanding and knowledge of water quality specifications for chlorine content, pH, water temperature, other essential water quality parameters, as well as National Pollutant Discharge Elimination Systems (NPDES)
- California State Water Distribution Operator II certification is required
- California State Water Treatment Operator II certification is required
Work Schedule - Thursday - Monday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Hourly range: $37.62-$39.62
Deadline to submit resume is Friday, September 9, 2022
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://calwatergroup.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CWSG/job/Salinas-CA/UW-Relief-Certified-Pump-Operator_R1293