Sewage Treatment Plant Operator/Maintenance Mechanic
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections, lubricate and perform routine repairs to heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment such as fans, motors, air compressors, pumps, etc.
- Inspect, adjust and perform routine repairs to electrical and pneumatic controls for heating and air conditioning equipment
- Maintain and install electrical equipment; remove, replace and/or make routine repairs to electrical motors, switches, relays, coils, light fixtures, switches, outlets, etc.
- Perform ordinary carpentry work on buildings such as partitions, stair treads and risers, floors, doors, woodwork, etc.
- Perform routine plumbing repairs such as replacing faucets, cracked elbows, etc., and install plumbing fixtures, water lines, drain lines, etc.
- Repair lawn mowers, riding tractors, emergency lighting generators, leaf blowers and other lawn equipment by cleaning and adjusting spark plugs, carburetor, ignition systems, etc.
- Maintain and repair floor maintenance machines, vacuum cleaners, powered tools, etc.
- Repair and adjust door closers, locks, latches; install panic hardware, etc.
- Replace floor and ceiling tile, window glass, etc.
- Operate snow removal and grass mowing equipment
- Perform patch and repair work to concrete and asphalt surfaces
- Test and maintain fire alarm systems and emergency lighting systems
- Inspect fire extinguishers
- Perform routine maintenance, replacement and repair of sewage treatment plant equipment such as comminuters, blowers, diffusers, chlorine pumps, etc.; collect samples for B.O.D. test of sewage treatment facility
- Maintain daily atmosphere condition log and record routine data; record utility readings as required
- Perform interior and exterior maintenance painting
- Fabricate parts for emergency or permanent repair using cutting torches and welding equipment as required
- Operate University vehicles
Work Schedule: 5:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Days Off: Saturday, Sunday
Job Requirements: Requires the use of shop mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, various types of adjustable measuring instruments and the training generally applicable in a particular or specialized occupation. Equivalent to 1 to 3 years applied trades training. Requires PA DEP Operator Licensure. Over 1 up to and including 2 years of effective experience.
NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT YOU OPERATE A MOTOR VEHICLE AS A PART OF YOUR JOB DUTIES. A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE AND SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A MOTOR VEHICLE RECORDS CHECK WILL BE REQUIRED IN ADDITION TO STANDARD BACKGROUND CHECKS.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2159604
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.