Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA) is Carrboro-Chapel Hill’s not-for-profit public service agency delivering high-quality water, wastewater, and reclaimed water services. Our team seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic Operations Supervisor to lead our Mason Farm Wastewater Treatment Operations Team at our Wastewater Treatment Facility. OWASA is a leader in the utility industry; the Wastewater Treatment Plant is a Grade IV facility with a reclaim water distribution system.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for leading the wastewater treatment plant operations staff to fulfill the mission and goals of OWASA while ensuring employee safety and providing high-quality effluent discharge.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring work quality align with the established policies and procedures
- Making process control decisions by monitoring and recognizing operational needs
- Monitoring and controlling plant processes via the computerized SCADA system
- Maintaining compliance with local, state, and federal regulations including preparing and maintaining a variety of required reports
- Acting as the Operator-In-Responsible-charge (ORC) for the wastewater treatment plant
- Providing leadership, development, coaching to a staff of eight (8) employees; ensuring performance expectations are met
- Maintaining good relationships with community neighbors and continuing our strong partnership with stakeholders
The ideal candidate shall be an action-oriented strategic thinker with exceptional communication and leadership skills. A service-oriented attitude, professionalism, and a passion to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment are necessary. Successful candidate must meet and maintain requirements for a safety sensitive position (ability to wear a full-face respirator, complete HAZWOPER training, etc.) Physical requirements include the ability to frequently exert 10-25 pounds and occasionally 20-50 pounds. Candidates should have three to five years’ experience modeling leadership behaviors, coaching, mentoring, and supervising in a Wastewater Treatment Plant or similar environment with an Associate’s degree or equivalent. Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a North Carolina Water Pollution Control System Operators Grade IV Certification and a driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina.
OWASA provides excellent benefits to include membership in the North Carolina Local Government Employees Retirement System, employer 457 plan contribution and retirement health savings account. Paid Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurances. Additional benefits include: Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, Personal, Bereavement and Parental Leave, Educational Reimbursement, Bonus Pay for Additional Certifications and/or Education.
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity, and inclusion. OWASA does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, disability, age, or sex in administration of its programs or activities, or employment decisions.
Salary Range is $63,059 - $97,111.
To complete an application visit www.owasa.org.
Closing date is August 19, 2022.