Coordinate and serve as Austin Water’s Land Use Review team lead, including scheduling of work assignments and field activities. Provide administrative and technical review of development plans (preliminary plans, plats, subdivision construction plans, site plans, zoning cases and development assessments), to assess land use, establish water and wastewater service providers, determine service requirement plan notes, and confirm status and inclusion of easements. Perform utility assessments of existing infrastructure and its ability to serve new development, including the provision of fire flow. Coordinate the efforts of multiple internal Austin Water work groups and provide support services to the service extension request (SER) program.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, training opportunities and more. Please click HERE for more information.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus 3 years of experience in coordination and scheduling of utility infrastructure projects.
- Education may substitute for experience up to two (2) years.
- xperience working in a lead capacity, including scheduling of work assignments, providing training and guidance to others, and coordinating efforts of multi-discipline project teams.
- Knowledge of and experience with the City of Austin permitting processes for site plans, preliminary plans, final plats, general permits, and capital improvement project plans, including experience with the City’s Land Development Code, Austin Water’s Utilities Criteria Manual (UCM), TCEQ Utility Design Criteria, Uniform Plumbing Code, International Fire Code, and other codes and design criteria related to land use, land development, and water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Experience performing completeness checks, reviewing site plan exemptions, and coordinating plan reviews and comments with other Austin Water divisions, City departments, design engineers, developers, and landowners.
- Knowledge of utility service provider regulations and experience determining available water and wastewater service options for a project.
- Strong customer service, experience preparing written correspondence with internal and external customers, experience giving presentations, and experience deescalating customer complaints.
- Experience using the AMANDA permitting and plan review software, including development of new processes and workflows.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates and schedules field construction and maintenance projects. Coordinates and reviews construction- or engineering-related contracts and contract documents.
- Measures work performances against engineering work standards to develop, maintain, and improve City of Austin design and construction standards.
- Tracks status of projects, and reports to management.
- Plans projects by determining crew size and composition, work hour requirements, and equipment requirements.
- Prepares work order schedules, control records, and post schedules.
- Communicates project and/or program information to internal and external customers.
- Ensures compliance with City and other regulatory agency requirements and policies.
- Meets with project managers, engineers, and contractors to discuss designs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Responsibilities – Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
- May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluations, training, and guidance to others.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of construction projects common to utilities.
- Knowledge of workforce requirements and work output for field construction crews.
- Knowledge of equipment and construction techniques common to utility construction practices.
- Skill in reviewing and summarizing project status reports.
- Skill in maintaining records of project phase.
- Skill in scheduling workforce.
Pay Range $34.86 – $44.45
Hours Mon – Fri 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM with some flexibility.
Location 6310 Wilhelmina Delco Dr, Austin, TX 78752
Criminal Background Investigation
This position does not require a Criminal Background Investigation