The Watershed Company, a regional leader in science-based design, is seeking a Water Resources Engineering Practice Lead. Successful candidate will work with a multidisciplinary team of accomplished environmental scientists, landscape architects and planners in a growing 35-year-old company based in Kirkland, WA.
- Manage direct growth of water resource engineering practice, for a growing team of multidisciplinary scientists and design professionals
- Coordinate with other practice leaders in landscape architecture, natural resources and planning to build multidisciplinary teams that excel at project delivery
- Manage projects, lead technical design, quality control, and facilitate firm construction administration, with other design professionals
- Lead teams in interviews and presentations
- Initiate and manage client contacts, including but not limited to public, private, non-profit clients, and water resource business development.
- Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Washington.
- Demonstrated experience and passionate interest in project management in water resources projects, including Low Impact Development, stream and river restoration, erosion and sedimentation control, grading and site development, and marine and shoreline improvements. Experience with private development projects and/or municipalities in western Washington counties and surrounding area is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in hydraulic/hydrologic analysis and modeling, culvert and bridge sizing, fish passage, and floodplain analysis, using the latest industry standard software, including CAD, Geo-HECRAS, etc. Experience with MicroStation is a plus.
- Ability to perform data synthesis and scientific, and design report writing
- General, on-ground, knowledge of the Pacific Northwest’s regulatory environment
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- The ability to work on a wide variety of project sizes and, complexities, across many jurisdictions and organizations in the public and private sector.
Salary: DOE, plus medical/dental, continuing education, 401K/profit sharing, performance bonuses and opportunities for ownership.
Please no phone calls. Email: email@example.com
Deadline: July 10, 2020