The City of Sacramento, Department of Utilities is seeking a Machinist Supervisor. This position plans, assigns, schedules, directs, and evaluates the work of journey-level Machinists, semiskilled Machinist Helpers and Maintenance Workers in maintaining and repairing a variety of machinery and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan assign, schedule, direct, and evaluate the work of Machinists, Machinist Helpers, and Maintenance Workers in maintaining, repairing, and installing mechanical equipment such as pumps, motors, engines, hoists, compressors, blowers, water and wastewater facilities and related equipment.
- Supervise and participate in the manufacture of parts for the repair of mechanical equipment.
- Prepare sketches, drawings, and written instructions for various jobs.
- Establish and implement training programs for employees in safety, materials, and methods.
- Write specifications for new and replacement equipment.
- Contact vendors to order material and spare parts for inventory.
- Maintain work time, equipment, and material records; write reports on work performed.
- Principles and practices of supervision and leadership.
- The standard practices, materials, and methods of the Machinists' trade.
- The occupational hazards and safety practices of the Machinists' trade.
- The standards and practices of operation and maintenance of water and wastewater facilities.
- The qualities, adaptability, and uses of a variety of metals and alloys.
- Maintenance records management.
- Plan organize, schedule, lay out, supervise, and evaluate the work of subordinates.
- Prepare working drawings, written instructions, reports and records.
- Interpret and work from plans, sketches, blue prints, and worn or broken parts.
- Read and write the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance.
- Machine shop operations.
- The care of the tools and equipment of the Machinists' trade.
- The supervision and evaluation of personnel.
- Oral and written communications.
Two years experience as a journey-level Machinist with the City of Sacramento.
Three years experience as a journey-level Machinist, perferably including one year of experience in a supervisory capacity.
Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License at the time of appointment. Loss of the Class C license is cause for discipline. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to physical disability will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Respiratory Protective Equipment:
Work in this class requires wearing respiratory protective equipment at times. When assigned to such work, facial hair must be shaaven, when it interferes with the safe fitting of respiratory protective equipment.
Employees in this classification must reside withint thirty-five (35) air miles from the freeway interchange at W-X Streets, 29th-30th Streets within one year following appointment.
Annual salary range: $61,039 to $101,267. Applications for this position are due by September 3rd, 2018. Please apply at http://www.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Career-Opportunities;
Exam # 006010-18